Sunday, November 25, 2007

The welding's getting a tad bit better...

































































































That Chevy axle is temporary...Chevy parts are a rarity at our house. The Ford axle is on the way. Those huge wheels won't be used, either. This is just to help us move the chassis around. The transmission cross-member is mounted, as are the engine mounts, so it's just finishing up some welds that are currently tacked, and then on to the front end once the new axle arrives. My welding's getting a tad better, after several screw-ups on my end, I'm finally getting the hang of it. And by hang, I mean by a thread. But it's coming along. The car's never going to be "pretty", and it's not supposed to be, really. I'ts supposed to be fun, and it's been a blast so far.

No comments: